Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Cheap Buys Anyone? - By Fatia Hashim

SHOPPING! Yes, subject close to women’s heart. And like most Singaporeans I love to spend my time going to shopping malls when we run out of ideas of what to do for the weekend. It’s nice to be able to see all the beautiful things the stores and shops have to offer until I know whether the warehouse sale is offering good price or just putting their excess stocks from the store sale and transfer into warehouse sale.

But many times there we get more gracious discounts during the warehouse sales. Unfortunately, most of them are just clearing their stores to make way for new shipment. They do not put branded bags and many more with names that are more famous. Not that I am brand-conscious, but these stuffs are better buys with qualities. I have never been a gentle person, so I need those with good quality to endure my careless treatment. And to buy branded goods can burn holes in our pockets.

So how do I solve this problem. Since I cannot afford, I started to check on Ebay & Yahoo auctions where you will be surprised some super-rich like to get rid of. Some members have unused, brand new items which are gifts received but not to your taste or style. Or some items that they bought on impulse but do not use.

And to share some good buys which I have collected is a used but in excellent condition Coach handbag, a brand new original Sony Ericsson earpiece costing twenty dollars instead of sixty-eight dollars in the market, a well-maintained three-seater bamboo sofa matching my original expensive set in the living room at a cheap-dirt price.

So check out the items in the auctions. You can see many great items to buy without leaving the home.

by Fatia