Tuesday, June 26, 2007

The EBay Sellers Guide - By Delecia Meza

Maybe you want to stay at home with your baby, or supplement your income; perhaps you want to make a few extra bucks for spending money. EBay is definitely a great tool for you!

I started out selling used baby clothes on eBay and after 7 years of off and on selling I have turned my eBay Business into a profitable one. Sure, I am not getting rich off of it, though some folks have, but I am more then Supplementing my income, and I get to work around my kids schedules etc.

So how do you get started selling on EBay? What do I need to know first?
First off, you need to have an idea of what you want to sell? Do you want to sell your kids gently used clothes?
Do you like going to Garage sales and finding unique items? Perhaps you make your own product(s)?

There are a couple things you will need before you start selling on EBay though: I have outlined them below.

1) To register an account on EBay go to ebay.com and click on the register link that is below the top navigation and
Follow the step by step process for creating a seller account.

2) Its not required, but definitely recommended that you have a digital camera so that you can take pictures of the item(s) That you are selling. When people shop on eBay, they need to be able to see a visual of your item, they need to be able Get close-ups and see the detail of the item. You can find a nice yet affordable digital camera at most any electronic store.

3) A picture hosting account, again this is not required but I highly recommend it. This way your pictures are not hosted on EBay, and do know that EBay charges for hosting your pictures. You get your FIRST picture FREE and then it cost .15 cents
For each additional picture with EBay. It might not sound like a lot, but believe me, It ads up quickly. I generally have between 5 to 8 pictures in each of my auctions. I recommend trying picturetrail.com

Now that you have done the above steps it is time to get started creating your first listing. You also need to know what your Terms are, if you accept refunds or returns, how much you charge for shipping, if you charge a handling fee, and most Importantly what methods of payment you accept. One of the most popular forms of payments on eBay is paypal.
Whatever you do, research your payment methods before using them, and make sure that they fit your needs!

Ok, now that you've got that out of the way it's time to get going on your first listing.

Delecia Meza is an internet marketer, web designer, Clothing store owner, owner of NOBOSS.com, aspiring singer And married mother of two. More in depth articles on starting a home based business posted at http://www.noboss.com/library.php